Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Winnie the Pooh Stamping Design - First Post EVER~

Hello people~ HAPPY NEW YEAR! *watches a tumble weed blow by* Oookay... Well I guess I'll be talking to myself for a while.  (Not that it matters... I talk to a plant at work. Hehe)

It's very nice to meet you all! My name is Katy and I am a new aspiring nail stamping blogger. I hope to use this year to test my nail stamping abilities and see what kind of interesting designs I can come up with using my nail stamping plates/polish/ideas.

Well before I show off my cute "Winnie the Pooh" nail designs, I wanted to tell you a little bit about what to expect from me this new year. I am an organized freak. What that means is that I have a set schedule for many things of my life. (My phone is my life. It has everything set for when I wake up, when I take my lunch break, and when I get home to relax.) I like being repetitive because to me it's a great foundation.That is what I'm hoping will happen with this blog. If I'm consistent and dedicated then I don't think that this will fail (like my previous blogs *coughcough*). So this is what will look like for the first few months till I'm comfortable to branch out.

Monday: Collection Swatch
Wednesday Stamping Nail Design
Friday: Favorite Products

Because today is Wednesday I will be showing off a cute "Winnie The Pooh" Stamping Design. I will also give you a general idea where you can get all the materials if anyone is interested in recreating this design or you can still recreate this design with your own collection.


Originally I was going to just keep it rather simple, but because my inspiration is from Janelle on elleandish on YouTube I decided to do ALL my stamping manicure likes this. She is a very big influence on me but I also want to put my own creativity in it.

Believe it not, stamping can be a PAIN IN THE BUTT~! (No point in lying by saying it's "super easy") This one design for both hands took me 2 hours to get right. The reason why it took me so long is because I'm impatience, but also a perfectionist. Probably two of the worst combinations in the world. But in the end, if you practice, HAVE PATIENCE, and work through it, it will come out the way you want. 

Hehe, as much as I'm not a big bragging person. I really love how these came out. They are cute and honestly I think anyone who loves Pooh Bear can wear them. Though I don't recommend wearing these if you have to be in a professional work setting at all times. 

Materials Used:
  • Nutra Nail Strengthener with Green Tea Antioxidants as Base coat - RiteAid
  • Poshe` Super-Fast Drying Top Coat - Sally's Beauty Supply
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in "Lightening" - CVS
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in "Rapid Red" - CVS
  • Sally Hansen Hard as Nails "Sturdy Saphire" - Walmart
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "White On" - CVS
  • Cosmetic Arts "Naught/Nice" - Ross
  • QA3 plate - 
  • Kand Black Stamping Polish - 
  • Dotting Tools - Ebay
  • Stamper and Scraper Set - Ebay
Even though this design took a long time to achieve, I still love it. And I believe that's what life should be about. Do something you love, and if you love it so much you'll keep working at it.

I hope everyone has a fantastic new year and let me know what your New Years resolutions are in the comments~

No comments:

Post a Comment