Friday, January 10, 2014

Favorite Fridays - Lotions and Moisturizing Cream

Good morning folks! Hope all is well today! Today on Favorite Fridays I'll be discussing with you some of my favorite Lotions and Moisturizing Creams to keep my hands young, healthy and moisturized.

Believe it or not I have to be particular careful when it comes to lotions or creams. One reason is because I have Eczema on the back of my hands, and it gets really irritated when I use certain products with lots of scents or certain chemicals that can cause it to flare up. So I look for lotions that can help with my Eczema but also keep my hands and cuticles moist.

One great product that I use religiously is "Aveeno Active Naturals, Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream".
It helps relieves dry, itchy, irritated skin due to eczema and it's clinically shown to soothe skin with eczema. Its steroid-free and fragrance-free. The bottle that I have is about 5oz and I use it close to 4-5 times a day.
This works for me because of my skin condition and it keeps my cuticles in check. Since I've been using this it leaves my hands super soft through out the day. The cream of this product is thick and it can get that oily feeling, but I recommend washing your hands and after you dry your hands use the product that way your skin has time to absorb the product. This product works well even without people with Eczema, if you have an itch or a rash this can help soothe the skin of any sort of irritation.

If you have different conditions for your skin try the Aveeno brand anyways. They are on a expensive side. (Bought this bottle for close to $9.99 at Rite Aid.) But the the brand itself is really worth it. And if you go go through bottles like I do, I would recommend going to a Sam's Club/Costco, or wholesale store and get the big bottles for a cheaper price.

Another product that I snag if I didn't bring my Aveeno is "Eucerin Original Healing".
Like the Aveeno this helps sooth and repair the skin and it's rich with Emollients. The formula for this particular lotion is more "watered down" the constancy is very much more liquid then a cream based. Also the feelings is a lot more greasy. its great for people who's skin is really dry, cracked and damaged. And I would only use this particular lotions during the winter season where the air is dry and cold.

The last product that would constantly use, (Almost out) is the Sally Hansen "Nails & Cuticles Hand Creme" with 24HR Moisture.
This product works really well and it doesn't leave that "Greasy" feelings like the Eucerin. Its has a similar consistency like the Aveeno creme, but it leaves that same soft healthy hands that you crave. Its very good for your cuticles and it benefits your nails.

Other particular lotions I love is "Pink" Lotion from Victoria Secrets and Bath and Body Works. I love the scents though I can't wear it as often only because it really irritates my Eczema. I would do this for my legs, or my arms, but avoid it on my hands.

If you have some serious skin issues, either your skin is sensitive, dry, or you get reactions please see your dermatologist and ask to see what kinds of lotions will work for you. Everyone's skin types are different and no one is ever the same. Use what you think works best for you or what your doctor recommends.

No comments:

Post a Comment